Thursday, October 15, 2009

press pause

...
Sub-Project: Music is now in a manageable state. My spine is curling over onto itself and most of my joints / extremities / head hurt, so I think I have to leave it alone and come back to it later.


this is where we are

I still have to alphabetize the stacks, and/or possibly organize by genre, and there's still a hefty pile of things to rip and store, which can be done while I'm doing other, boxier, things. The "keep 'em on the spindle" plan is working wonderfully, except now I'm out of spindle space. If you have spare spindles to donate, please speak up!

I'm queuing everything I'm ripping into one master Winamp playlist; today I learned (per those Magnet samplers) that plenty of music from 2003 through 2005 was real sucky.

Filed under "things that don't suck," however, is the disc Eric and Daisy gave me for my birthday (happy engagement, by the way!). I'm bummed I misplaced it these past six months: The Gain, AC Newman, Death Cab, Fleet Foxes, The Okmoniks, Scared of Chaka, Neko Case, and the Decemberists. Yeah.

More good stuff went into the garage sale pile, including duplicates of Sophie's album and Rogue Wave's Out of the Shadow. You want to come to my garage sale now, don't you?

And two additional sub-Sub-Projects emerged, both related to the Body of Work: ICS stuff and other recordings on which I have played (home demos, live recordings, rough mixes, and so on). I'm ignoring these for now, as there is much data on the hard-drives that goes with these things, and I'd like to come back to it at some unforeseen time in the future when I might again feel like hunching over this terminal for days on end. Ouch.

Let's all stand up and stretch now, shall we?
 

No comments: