Friday, October 2, 2009

project fail (first)

 
I have failed The Project in two ways.

The first is the more forgivable of the two, in that it is a luxury I have allowed myself during this experiment: it is not really Friday night. It's after midnight, so it's technically Saturday. Abiding by this well-known party maxim ("if I haven't slept, it's still the same day") is helping me to complete my daily goal here, even if I have to fudge the timestamp. If this bothers you, well, tough titties. Come over here and fight me. I need to practice The Guillotine anyway...

The second seems pretty heinous to me, as I haven't completed any project task today. I blame this man:



My plan was to do other stuff during the day, go to Comma Coffee to host stupid open mic night, then return home to work on The Project. But I haven't seen Jimmy in a while, and I love him so, and he fed me pickled herring and we got to talking about life and other stupid shit, and now I have to go to bed because I have a campaign leadership class at 9 am tomorrow.

I am sure this will not be the only time this happens. Request permission to be a flawed human being?
 

1 comment:

Syd said...

Pickled herring makes up for a lot of things. Permission, by the way, is granted. ;)