Thursday, June 3, 2010

she's crafty, she's got a gripe

...
Stepping up my game today:

boxes 2, 3, and 4 of 8

In the misc art things box, I found:

  • Empty gift bags
  • Empty gift boxes
  • 100-watt light bulbs
  • Tiny wooden clothespins
  • Embroidery floss
  • Ribbon
  • Balsa wood shadow boxes
  • And two sets of Aunt Martha's Hot Iron Transfers:


These transfers are a relic from the days when the sister and I roamed the streets of Carson City and frequented the Walmart after dark, purchasing random craft supplies, and, um, chewing bubble gum. What I remember from that summer is frosty blue eyeshadow and cherry red lip gloss. I did not remember these transfers.

But they are really cute and I hope I can come up with an idea for how to use them...

The box labeled scraps contained mostly that, of the paper variety. I planned to ruthlessly toss anything smaller than, say, a bookmark, and put away all the finished items (e.g., notepads, cards, envelopes). Easy peasy.

Then, halfway through the box, I decided to toss everything that wasn't a full sheet. Including even a half-dozen paper sample books I once loved dearly. ~sniff~

I think I was rewarded, though, because I found a stash of blank notecards, some cool foam paper, and this notepad:

things to do TODAY

And, finally, in the crafts box, I found only cartridges for the laminator, an embroidery hoop, and an empty Lisa Frank tin. Weird.

Four boxes down, four boxes to go.
 

No comments: